Mobile, Alabama is a port city that is constantly growing. The downtown area has become a wonderful tourist attraction. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, there is so much to see and do. I am going to give you a brief guide of family friendly activities, restaurants, and shops available in Downtown Mobile.
Family Friendly Activities
- Gulf Coast Ducks – is a duck boat tour that gives you both on land and on water experiences. This is an exhilarating tour that shows you over 300 years of Mobile history.
- USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park – you can hop aboard the battleship, or view the aircraft. There is so much to see and learn.
- GulfQuest National Maritime Museum of the Gulf of Mexico – this museum inspires people of all ages to learn about the Gulf Coast’s rich Maritime heritage through exhibits, programs, and activities.
- Gulf Coast Exploreum Science Center – has amazing special exhibits, as well as a dome theatre. Always check their website for what their seasonal exhibits are! The Exploreum is so much fun for all ages.
- Felix’s Fish Camp – just outside the heart of downtown, Felix’s on the causeway is probably my favorite restaurant in the area. It does not look like much from the outside, but it is amazing seafood with gorgeous views of Mobile Bay. Their service is the best, they know how to treat their customers!
- Dew Drop Inn – if you want something more casual, come get a famous Dew Drops hotdog. This restaurant has been in business since 1924!! The Dew Dropp Inn is only a few minutes away from downtown.
- Callaghan’s Irish Social Pub – has been serving delicious burgers since 1946. USA Today named Callaghan’s the best burger in Alabama. It is also situated in the heart of Oakleigh Garden District!
- Spot Of Tea – is my go-to spot downtown for breakfast, lunch, and brunch. They have some amazing local seafood breakfast dishes.
- Cammie’s Old Dutch Ice Cream Shoppe – after your meals, you need to get some yummy ice cream. Old Dutch has been serving Mobile’s finest ice cream since 1956. This ice cream shoppe is not technically downtown, but it is worth the drive (only a few minutes away!)
Shops Unique to Downtown Mobile
- The Urban Emporium – you may remember this shop from my local blogger meet up blog post. This space supports local start up businesses. They have clothes, toys, home decor, accessories…and so much more! It is a great place to help support the small businesses of Mobile.
- MoonPie General Store – has MoonPie merchandise, unique gifts, fresh treats, and so much more! Such a fun way to learn and taste the history of the MoonPie.
This is just a very small list of my favorite things to do with my family near Downtown Mobile, AL. If you need any date-night recommendations, please ask! There are so many nice restaurants downtown. I hope this list helps you and your family enjoy the wonderful activities Mobile has to offer.