Being relatively new to the blogger scene, I decided it would be so fun to have a meet-up with other local bloggers. My good friend, Meagan (@happilyever_hollis) and I decided to join forces and host a Winter blogger event! We wanted to highlight small local businesses and bring all of the bloggers together.
The Urban Emporium allowed us to utilize their space for the event. The Urban Emporium gives spaces to small, start-up businesses while offering a retail experience in downtown Mobile. They have great items for EVERYONE. They have jewelry, clothes (for men, women, and children), toys, accessories, items for the home….they have it all!! Not only did they provide a space for us to socialize, but it also allowed us to get some Christmas shopping done! I scored two belts (one being an awesome Gucci dupe!!) and an adorable Christmas gift for my son, Charlie. We are SO appreciative that they allowed us to host our event there, and if you are local you have got to stop by and check them out!!
We created small, goodie bags for the girls with items donated from small, local businesses. We appreciate them for donating their awesome items to our attendees. I want to highlight each business individually, because they are all amazing!
- Marci Malec Art– donated hand painted oyster ornaments. They are gorgeous, unique, and add the perfect Mobile Bay touch to anyone’s Christmas tree!! She also does a variety of commission pieces, such as home paintings and nursery art!
- Calli By Katie – Is a gorgeous calligraphy shop. She made the prettiest name tags for our goodie bags. She offers calligraphy services in all sorts of forms: addressing, butcher paper for partiers, Christmas tags, gift tags, and so much more. Here is her Etsy page, where you can see more of her works!
- Liz & Me Company– offers affordable, unique, adorable jewelry! She donated a pair of statement earrings to each of the girls! They are all so fun, and perfect for upcoming Holiday parties. Check out her IG page, each pair of earrings are only $5! Perfect stocking stuffers!
- mmm Pop Kettle Corn – the MOST delicious kettle corn you will ever taste! She makes all of the kettle corn in her home and can dye it whatever color you’d like! This is so fun for any event, especially a children’s birthday party…I am definitely doing this for my kids! She currently does not ship, BUT she offers free delivery to customers in Mobile & Baldwin County!
To raise money for the Urban Emporium’s charity, we put together a raffle basket with larger items from local businesses. The Springboard to Success is a non-profit organization whose mission is to nurture start-up and early stage, independent retailers. Springboard to Success’s first initiative is a non-profit retail storefront known as the Urban Emporium, which opened in October 2011. Each blogger was able to purchase ticket(s), and we had amazing results!! Again, I would like to highlight each of these businesses individually, because they are all truly amazing!
- Loda Beir Garten– is a Restaurant with delicious food and a huge variety of tap beer. The atmosphere is so fun, as it is right in the middle of downtown Mobile on Dauphin Street. I have always loved their burgers….SO good! They donated a gift card, so the winner can go enjoy food and drinks and enjoy the downtown scene.
- The Crescent Theater– a local movie theater located in the heart of downtown Mobile. The winner received 2 tickets…and with the upcoming Christmas movies, this is perfect timing! This theater is great for a girls night out or date night….and they even serve alcohol!
- ADF Art – is a local artist that donated a beautiful painting of the Three Kings. She does beautiful Pet Portraits, as well as a variety of other commission pieces! DM her for inquiries, she is super talented and so great to work with!
- Becca Snell (Townley) – is a local stylist that donated a blowout/style for the winner! Becca has been doing my hair for years and she is truly the best! This is such a treat, because her blow outs last for days! Check out her IG page to see her amazing work.
- Jenny Johnson – is a new local stylist that trained under Becca. She also donated a blowout/style for the winner. She has learned from the best and does amazing blowouts!!
- Sea Marie Designs– an online accessories and gifts boutique. This shop as the cutest earrings, hair accessories, and SO much more! They donated the cutest leopard print headband to the gift basket!
The delicious appetizers were donated by Naman’s Catering. Naman’s caters for all types of events: corporate, weddings, and even small parties/events. Their menu is impressive and everything is always delicious. We had a cheese & bacon ring with a delicious jelly on top. They also provided chicken salad sandwiches on croissants and a fruit & cheese tray. I highly recommend this catering company if you are local!
I seriously had the best time meeting all of the local bloggers! I had no idea Mobile and Baldwin County had so many bloggers! We drank, ate, and chatted the night away. It was like I had known these girls for years. I cannot wait until our next blogger meet up! If you have any questions about the small businesses that contributed to our event, please feel free to reach out and I can certainly answer any questions!
You must be logged in to post a comment.