I want to start off by saying that I am by NO means a beauty/skin care expert! I use a variety of random products, and quite frankly, just use what makes me skin look and feel great. I also recently decided to discard all of the makeup I have hoarded over the years, and only purchase the basics. My makeup routine literally takes 5 minutes in the morning, and it stays on all day! Maybe one day I will get the courage to do a makeup tutorial for you guys!
My morning routine is very simple and involves these steps:
- Wash my face with my with my Michael Todd Sonic Clear Brush and included face wash. The two face wash included with the Soniclear brush are the charcoal cleansing scrub and the honey & oat gentle daily cleanser. I love both of these facial cleansers and alternate them daily. This brush is a total game changer. It makes my face SO soft. It is like having a daily facial!
- After I wash and dry my face, I apply my morning Cerave AM Facial Mosturizing Lotion. I love this lotion because it has SPF in it and it does not leave my face feeling greasy throughout the day. I have naturally oily skin, and this product does not make my face appear oily. My dermatologist also recommended this to be a great drug store moisturizer.
My nighttime routine is just as simple:
- I wash my face with the Charcoal Soap Bar from Latika Soap, with the same Soniclear Brush.
- After my face is dried, I use the RE9 Advance Prepwork overnight face jelly from Arbonne. My friend Meg introduced me to this product. It leaves my skin so refreshed and glowy (is that a word?!) when I wake up the next morning. I love this product. If you are interested in learning more about this product, or any other Arbonne skincare products, message me and I will get you in contact with her!
And that is it!! Now I am ready for my make up!
My makeup routine is so simple and takes me 5 minutes. As a mom, I am always rushing to make myself look somewhat presentable. Now, people are always asking me how I look “so put together”. It literally takes very little effort and this is how:
**side note: I am fair to medium skin with blonde hair and blue eyes. My makeup colors will not apply to everyone, however, the products themselves are good-quality products and there are plenty of color options**
- First I apply my IT cosmetics CC cream. This cream is color correcting, full coverage, anti-aging, and has SPF 50. What more could you ask for. It is so light weight and does not wear off throughout the day. Keep in mind it is a light weight CC Cream, so I use this for my daily makeup routine. If I am going out at night or dressing up for a special event, I will wear a thicker foundation. I apply this with either my (clean) hands or a foundation brush.
- Next I apply my under eye concealer, Naked Color Correcting Concealer. I apply this with my amazon Beauty Blenders. This pack of beauty blenders works just as well as the real beauty blender, but for a fraction of the price!
- Now I use my Tarte Clay Play Volume II palette. I am obsessed with this!!! It eliminated so many of my old makeup products, and now I can just use this one palette for so many things. I now apply the bronzer, then the blush, then the highlighter that are all located on the bottom of this palette.
- I apply my Covergirl Eyeliner before my eyeshadow. This may be backwards? I don’t know, but this is how I’ve always done it!
- Now I use the same Tarte palette previously mentioned for eyeshadow. It has multiple options, so I basically just choose whichever colors I’m in the mood for that day! I usually keep it simple by choosing 2 colors.
- Next I apply my Covergirl Mascara Primer followed by two coats of Covergirl Mascara. I have tried MANY mascaras, and this is by far my favorite!!
- Now for the eyebrows. I have blonde eyebrows, so I need to add them in. I use the Anastasia Brow Wiz. This pencil is very thin and allows me to pencil in my eyebrows and make them look more natural. The pencil also has an eyebrow brush on the opposite end.
- Last…..the lips!! I just started wearing a lip pencil/lipstick combo and WOW! I am obsessed. The urban decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil in the color ‘peyote’ followed by the Vice Lipstick Comfort Matte in ‘backtalk’ is the PERFECT combo. I am obsessed with it for fall. It is great for everyday wear and for dressing up. Sometimes, if I want to use a gloss over it, I apply this Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in the color ‘rosy future’.
Now I am going to list a few random, but very necessary items!!
- Native Deodorant. – My husband and I both switched to natural deodorants. We aren’t necessarily a “clean living” household, but we realized our current deodorants were not working, especially in this summer heat. This change as made a huge difference, we are obsessed with the Native deodorant.
- Not Your Mother’s Dry Shampoo – this is a must have for me!! I only wash my hair once or twice a week, and this helps me go the distance haha. It smells fresh and leaves my hair soft.
- Tinkle Razors – I recently started shaving my face. Yes you read that right, shaving my face. Apparently it is a new trend, and I jumped on board. I LOVE it. It gets rid of the peach fuzz and my face is so soft. *I only do this once a week*
- Makeup Bag – this makeup bag from Amazon is amazing!!! I love the compartments, everything fits in here perfectly. It is only $20 from amazon!!
- Toiletry Bag – from amazon! I traveled with it last week and it is perfect!
That is it guys! I hope you find this helpful. All of these products I currently use myself and highly recommend. If there is anything you think I should add to this list, please message me! Or let me know if you try any of these items. I love hearing your feedback!