As many of you know, there are SO many baby products out there. As a first time mom, I had to have everything. I registered for so many products, and even after Charlie was born, I ordered MORE off amazon. Our house was quickly slammed full of baby items.
When I got pregnant with Amelia, I immediately told Alex, I am not buying a bunch of junk this time! We will use some of our favorite items from Charlie, and only buy the necessities. I needed to save up my money for cute baby girl clothes!!! Below is my list of our MOST used baby items during the first six months for both babies!
- Halo Bassinest – This bassinet is the best!! We used it with both babies. It easily swivels to your bed for late night nursing sessions. Charlie stayed in it for the first five months, Amelia we ended up moving to her crib after 2 months. I loved the mesh sides so I could always see my babies while they were sleeping. And it is also reassuring knowing that if they put their faces against the sides of the bassinet, they can still easily breathe! We would definitely use this product again. We had the basic version, but I also linked the one with vibration and sounds.
- Halo Sleepsack Swaddle – These are amazing!!! I am terrible at swaddling using muslin blankets, and I was scared my babies would suffocate if they unraveled themselves. These velcro swaddles making swaddling your baby fool proof, and I attribute my sleeping babies partially to this swaddle.
- White Noise Machine – While we are on the subject of sleep, this white noise machine off Amazon is a life saver! I literally have like 4 of them, and keep on with me at all times. My kids will not sleep without it, but it definitely helped them become good sleepers early on. It has several different sounds, but I always have used classic “white noise”.
- Infant Bath Seat – this infant bath seat is inexpensive and perfect for babies that are not sitting up by themselves. I used it for the first baths by setting it on the floor and just sponging my babies off. As they got bigger, I put the seat in the bath tub and filled the tub up with water. Charlie and Amelia both loved being able to kick the water while laying in their seats.
- MamaRoo – this baby seat is top of the line. It has multiple movement settings, speeds, you can even connect it to your phone to play music. It is a splurge but definitely worth it! I had mine for both of my babies. I also had a cheaper baby seat from fisher price that I used a lot, it was portable. But apparently it was not safe and they recalled it?!?! Whoops. So definitely read into these seats. The Mamaroo has amazing reviews!!
- Sit Me Up Floor Chair – this fisher price chair is AMAZING! I literally have used it probable a million times so far between both of my kids. I bring it everywhere! It is perfect for keeping your baby safe in one place, but still gives them the opportunity to sit up and look around. It also helps strengthen the muscles they need to sit up unassisted.
- Bouncer – these bouncers are awesome! They have so many colors and gadgets, and they keep babies happy and occupied! This is the one we got for Amelia, but I also linked the boy version similar to the one Charlie had. I just keep this in the living room, and any time she seemed bored, fussy, or I just needed to get things done, I would put her right in the bouncer!
- Boppy Lounger – I was gifted one of these with each baby, and they have been so useful. In the early days, it is easy to just lay them on there for a comfortable place to rest. I also used it for bottle feedings. Now that Amelia can finally hold her own bottle, I lay her on the floor in this lounger to drink her milk!
- Motorola Monitor – We have this monitor in both of our nurseries. It is reasonably priced and very easy to operate. It works on wifi and we have had no issues with them! There are sooooo many different kinds of baby monitors out there now, it can be overwhelming. Look into this one, we have used them for going on 2.5 years now and they have been great!
- Infantino Balls, Blocks, & Buddies – the best baby toys for infants!!! I did not know these existed with Charlie. With him, I probably ordered a million teethers, toys, balls, and so much more off amazon. This bundle of toys is an all in one! Amelia has loved playing with these balls, blocks, and animals since the day I brought them home (around 4 months). I literally put all of her toys in a basket, and she gets them out one by one and explores the texture of each item. This bundle of toys is the best!
And that’s it guys!! I hope this list is helpful. Even if you don’t need these items, use this as a gift guide for baby shower gifts. All of these things have been so useful for not just one, but TWO babies! So they have been tested out twice 🙂
Comment below if there are any items that you would add to this list! I am always curious as to what everyone’s “most used” baby items are in the early months!